Ein Fara is located in a beautiful National Park in the beginning of the Judean desert about a 15 minute drive south of Jerusalem. There is a magnificent, very large canyon with running springs of water, small pools for the kids that include fish, picnic areas, and the inviting aroma of eucalyptus trees.
The canyon has a north cliff and a south cliff; we will rock climb on the north cliff. We will be able to take a break about half way and watch the monks who live there in the middle of the cliff. This is a site that is excellent for groups with different levels of experience and fitness because all the extreme activities are optional.
Optional Addition to Your Private Tour :
Hike from Ein Farah to Ein Mabua: we will then hike through a section of Wadi Kelt, along the fish-filled Kelet River. Along the way we hike through a magnificent canyon through and beside running water that brings lush greenery and many animals and birds to the canyon. We will pass caves that were used by the Jews to hide from the ancient Romans.
We will end at EinMabua, a bubbling spring which displays an interesting phenomenon: the whole pool sinks down into the ground and disappears and then comes back up. One has to be lucky to see this happen, as it sometimes occurs every five minutes and sometimes every few days!
ABOUT THIS TRIP
- Activities Included: Abseiling / Rappelling in Israel Rock climbing in Israel Canyoneering Hikes with Rappelling Hiking in Israel
- Type: Extreme activities are optional
- Level: Suitable for all levels; Beginners, Adventurous and Extreme! No experience is necessary.
- Ages: 10 - 65
- Estimated Time: 6 - 8 hours
- Season: Summer, Spring, Autumn
- Location: Central Israel see on map
LET'S plan a trip together
Fill out your details below and we will contact you soon.